Sunday, March 15, 2009

Warmer Weather - Eggsellent

It's been warm enough here for nightly walks again and I'm so happy! The other night we passed the neighbors' house who had decorated a tree in their front yard with Easter eggs. Taylor spotted them right away - "I wish WE could have an Easter egg tree." Tacky? - probably. Something to make a 4-year-old really happy? - absolutely. Alright, I'm sold.

We bought the big plastic eggs Saturday night and I used fishing line to string them up Sunday. I was going to just hang a couple in one of the little trees in front of our house, but Taylor insisted that they needed to be everywhere. Each bush HAD to have one. I can't decide if the finished product looks cute and festive or really bad. Oh well, the boss is happy, so I'm happy. It was fun decorating with her.

That's a lot of eggs.

The Worm stringing up the eggs.

Proudly posing with the finished product.

She insisted that I pose for a picture, too. Her photography skills are getting pretty good!

The Pear slept as we decorated, but was excited to play outside when he awoke. He points to his tummy now when you ask, "Michael, where's your belly?" Soooo cute.

Michael didn't quite seem like himself yesterday afternoon and I'm starting to suspect that his ear infection might be back. He was a little warm and crabby, but he's also getting teeth #s 13, 14, 15 and 16, so it's hard to know what's up. He has his 15-month checkup Tuesday and I'm hoping we can hang in there until then.

A small request - My mom has her hip replacement surgery in the morning. Keep her in your prayers!

Here are a couple more pictures from the week. Excuse the blur on the pictures. I have no idea how my camera lens would get a smudge on it. A grimy little hand maybe...

A good color for my blue-eyed cutie.


What a cutie! I just want to pinch those little cheeks.


The Pear's other side. He wanted his sister's Leapster. Oh, the temper...


Until next time,


Mommy Kel

1 comment:

Tony & Nick said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the Easter trees! So cute. And your hair looks great too! I didn't know Mommy T was having hip replacement! I'll be thinking of her!