Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'll See Your Sectional Championship & Raise You a District Championship

That's right, for the first time in 80 years, the Hurricane are district champions! Congrats to Mike, his assistants and the boys on a big win over Shawnee in the district championship game Wednesday night. Thank God for modern technology because I had to listen to the game on the computer. We had planned on going, but Taylor got sick as soon as we got home from Susan's. I'll spare you the details, but let's just say it wasn't pretty. She's doing okay now and sleeping soundly, but she had a rough go at it for a few hours. I'm just waiting for Mike to get home now so I can share a celebratory beer with him.


I hate posting without adding pictures, so I'll throw on a couple of shots from our beautiful day yesterday. It was sunny and 70 degrees so we spent the whole day outside. Yay for spring!


Taylor loves coloring with sidewalk chalk.



Michael wanted to try his hand at it, too. Heck, I was just happy he didn't try to eat it.





Yikes, he looks like a 2-year-old here!




My lefty at work...




...and my righty at work. Pear is going to need a haircut soon!


After chalking, we headed to the park to feed the ducks. Taylor is fine with the ducks, but she's still a little aprehensive about the geese. I can't say I blame her! They get a little too close for comfort when they want bread! Michael was completely unfazed. He just kept throwing bread AT them.






"Here goosie, goosie." Look at Taylor jumping back, haha.

Michael had a blast on the playsets. He did take a little spill on this bridge, but popped right back up. Check out that goose-egg on his noggin!

I thought this was a cool picture of Taylor. It was soooo windy!

Until next time,

Mommy Kel

1 comment:

Tony & Nick said...

Congrats again to Mike! So exciting! I didn't realize Worm was a lefty! And where did Pear's hair come from???