Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Carving and Whatnot

I bought a pumpkin a few weeks ago and the kids have been itching to carve it. I wanted to wait until the weather cooled off a little to avoid a mushy black-o-lantern by Halloween night. Since the forecast looks chilly, I figured last night was the perfect night.

The Worm and Pear were crowded up on me as I got everything ready, but things changed quickly once I got the top off. Both of them were squeamish about touching the guts so I was left doing the dirty work. Taylor would eventually dip the scoop in, but wasn't thrilled about it.

"Mommy, this is gwoss."

Come on, Taylor, tell us how you really feel.


Our finished product!

I love this picture. Boy, do they look alike here or what?

My birthday was this past weekend (37!). The kids and Mike surprised me with lots of pretty roses on Saturday night! I love, love, love flowers.

The pink ones were from Taylor, the orange from Michael and the yellow from Mike. My three favorite rose colors!

Mike went to Pittsburgh on Sunday (my actual birthday), so the kids and I headed down to Cincinnati to see my folks. They spoiled their baby girl, of course. My mom decorated the dining so cute just like when I was a little girl. :)

Fun fall decor and my cuties!


Pops and Mother.

My pretty and tasty cake.


The kids were excited to have leaves to play in at G-pa's house. We only have one tree in our yard and the leaf output is weak.

A couple of quick Taylor brags. We found out this week that Taylor was named her class's Student of the Month for August/September. We're so proud! Now that's a good way to start off an educational career.

Second brag - Taylor's Blue Jets team is practicing for the district tournament. Tonight, the coach had the girls run a lap around the field to end practice. The coach's daughter was tired, upset and cranky and snapped at her dad as she ran. He finished up talking to the girls and dismissed them, then made his daughter run a second lap for being disrespectful. She was sobbing by this point. As we were walking away, Taylor stopped me and said, "I want to run with A----." So, she took off and ran that extra lap with her teammate, all on her own with no persuading from me. I thought it was pretty neat! She's never scored a goal in an actual game, but she'll never know how proud she makes us with her actions on and off the field.

Until next time,

Mommy Kel

1 comment:

Tony & Nick said...

Taylor, I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!