Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Whole Slew of Things

I've got to get better at keeping up with my blog! I always wait too long and then end up with a dozen things to write about. It's the picture thing that gets me. I could write until the cows come home, but adding pictures is kind of a pain.

We've been good. The weather has cooperated some so we've been able to escape. At this point in the year, I have such cabin fever that sunny and 45 degrees is suitable "go outside and play" weather. I love seeing Michael walk around outside. It's so cute.

"Yeah Mommy, I'm big."

Taylor in mid flight.

Mike and I don't really do the Valentine's Day thing, but I do play it up for the kids (well, Taylor). I volunteered to help out at Taylor's school for the V-Day party. Those little kids are just too sweet. One little boy ran up, threw his arms around me and said, "Taywor's Mommy, I wove you." I'll miss her classmates and teachers when the year is over!

Taylor playing Musical Chairs at her party.

The Bean Bag game.

The Hurricane suffered their second loss of the season last Friday, falling to Walnut Hills in overtime. You haven't lived until you've taken two kids under 5 to a school in the middle of the ghetto and sat on jam-packed, OPEN bleachers for three and a half hours. Nothing like holding your squirmy 14-month-old boy the entire game because you're afraid he will slip through the craptastic stands. Fun times, I tell ya. It ranks right up with with the worst high gyms I've ever been in, and I've probably been in over 100 gyms. Okay, I'm done whining now.
Anywho, the 'Cane are now 17-2 and undefeated at home. Not too shabby! They are currently tied for the conference lead and play a really bad team Friday to wrap up the regular season. It's been a great year and I wish them the best of luck in the postseason.

Last night was Senior Night and I made the kids shirts with the three seniors' names. I've been doing this every year since Taylor was seven months old! Mike didn't have any seniors last year, so it was Michael's first year of getting a shirt.
Cane kids.


Michael, Daddy says you need to get lower in your defensive stance.

Taylor - Senior Night 2009

Taylor - Senior Night 2007
Taylor - Senior Night 2006

Taylor - Senior Night 2005
Here are a couple random pictures. Enjoy and have a great rest of the week!

Until next time,
Mommy Kel

1 comment:

Tony & Nick said...

Oh my gosh...the Senior Night shirts are so cute & such a sweet idea. I love the flashback photos too...can you even remember Taylor that small???