Monday, January 25, 2010

Let's Bowl!

As I mentioned in the last post, sometimes I feel bad dragging the kids around to basketball games. I ran into a classmate of Taylor's and his dad at a game last week. The next day, he bragged about how his kid lasted through three quarters, which is probably really good for a 5-year-old. I expect my poor kids to get through the entire game without acting like buttheads. They do a great job with it, so we rewarded them with something fun for them on Sunday.



Bowling!



Taylor had been bowling once before, but was probably too young to really remember. This was the Pear's first go at it. Luckily, the bowling alley we chose had bumpers and training rails for the kids. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to use the devices and proceeded to show why I rarely bowl. I'm horrible!





The Worm approached bowling like she approaches pretty much everything - uncontrolled excitement!







Michael had fun, too, and kept trying to pick up the balls by himself. **Grunt** "Hebby, Mommy."







Taylor giving it a go without the rails.







Much better.









Getting a hand from Daddy.





Giving it a push!





The cutest bowling shoes EVER!









Mike takes bowling seriously. Imagine that.







Despite the fact that my giant, Amazon hands make it look like I could toss the ball like a marble, I suck at bowling. I don't let it get me down, hahaha.


One final cute picture of the Pear playing at his sand and water table. Yes, I let them play with it in the house when it's cold out. Desperate times call for desperate measures.



Until next time,
Mommy Kel

1 comment:

Tony & Nick said...

Kel, you crack me up, and my god...Michael looks like such a big boy in that last photo! LOVE his bowling shoes!