Friday, September 26, 2008

Nature Walk

We're pretty fortunate that we live close to some pretty cool outdoorsy-type stuff. One place I really like to go is the local bike trail, a 1 1/2 mile path that winds through a wooded area. There are bridges, a little stream and all kinds of wildlife around. Mike and I took the kids (and our big kid, Champ) there Thursday. The weather was perfect and it was a nice family outing!


We saw three deer only 20 or so yards away (one is hiding behind the tree). It's a real treat for an old city girl like me. The only deer I saw as a kid were smushed on the side of Interstate-75.

Taylor, sans helmet. We forgot it, but there aren't any cars around, so she was safe. Look at all the bling on that bike!

The boys.

And the girls (plus Champ). Yes, I got my hair whacked. I'm digging the short 'do.

I went upstairs to get jammies when we got home. I put Michael in a safe place in the living room. I came back down to find this:

It was all fun and games until he got stuck and bonked his head about five times. He was quite pissed by the time I got him out!

Going to hit the hay now. Young kids don't seem to comprehend sleeping in on the weekends, so I need to catch some zzzzs.

Until next time,
Mommy Kel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the hair!!! More pics of the new 'do please. :)